Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Mail from Ralphie

A letter we received from Dana

Hello to both of you.  I have never written before, but I feel that I must tell you what happened the day after Christmas.  Last year on December 4th, you gave a phenomenal reading to my sister in law and me at the Centre in La Mesa, (Myztic Isle).  It defiantly was a life altering experience for me and the reading wasn't even focused on me! 
One of the things that Michael kept alluding to was the story that I was writing for my family to celebrate the 10th anniversary of my brother Ralphie's passing.
I left KNOWING that my bro was with me or at least was cognizant of what we were doing down here.  I gave my Christmas story to my family (Ralphie's best Christmas) and it was a great hit.
This year I would have to say was the best Christmas for me and my daughter (who still lives with me) that we have had in many years.
On the day after Christmas, we hit the sales at 8am.  We were in the store for about two hours and just had the best time trying to coordinate next year's wrapping supplies. 
We left the store and as we came around the back of the jeep, lying on the ground right where I would have had to step to get into the door, was a long white business envelope.  As I got near, I saw that it had some writing scrawled on it.  Much to my surprise and delight the one word on the envelope was RALPHIE!  I am so glad that my daughter was there, because my family thinks I have an "I love Lucy" way of dealing with how I feel about the afterlife and particularly my brother. 
One word, "Ralphie" was the best validation I have gotten on my own (without you two's help!)
Thank you for what you have brought to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment