Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Waylon Jennings & his Manager


I recently had a meeting with Waylon Jennings and his manager.  The Manager was the main person I spoke with in our session for our client who was someone very close to him.
When he first connected with me and I saw him I asked him what he did while he was on earth he told me he was into music and that he was a manager. And told me that he managed a rock band but also a country western singer.  When I asked him the name of the singer he showed me an album cover called Old Dogs which happened to be one of the only country & western records my wife and I own.  I felt the singer connecting with me and I knew which one he was, from the picture on the cover, but I couldn't remember his name.

Marti pondered for a few moments then said.  "It's Waylon Jennings isn't it"?

I knew that she was correct and was pleased she got the name.

The client confirmed that it was and that the manager had designed the cover for that album.
Waylon said a few things to the Client but was kind of quite.  I also felt George Harrison for a moment and it turned out that the client had known George pretty good as well.

I decided some days after the contact to look up some history about Waylon.  I was surprised to see that he had played with buddy holly.  I have always been a big fan of Buddy Holly since I was little but was unaware of his connection with Buddy.  So as I contemplated on Waylon and his struggles, my thoughts were that a lot of his problems had to do with the plane crash in which Buddy Holly was killed.  I browsed the internet I found this site.

www.buddyhollyandthecrickets.com/related/jennings.html

No comments:

Post a Comment