Monday, October 24, 2011

George Harrison

I have had the pleasure of meeting George Harrison a number of times and the hours spent with him are a treasure for me. How this transpired was through a friend who we had known for some time.  Years before George crossed over, she revealed to us that she used to be married to a famous musician and that they were good friends with the Beatles.  She never said any more than that to us and so when George died, we got a phone call from our friend inviting us over to her place to share a glass of wine and see if George would come and speak with her.
Wow!  That's a tall order, I said to her as we spoke on the phone.  But we agreed to try.  Somewhat nervous, because I really didn't know how well our friend knew George.  We sat down with a glass of wine and much to my surprise George arrived.
As a medium, one never knows what is going to transpire or what will be said, but as our get together with George progressed I was surprised at how close these two were.  It became very clear to me how much they loved each other.  He spoke to her of such personal things that they had shared and done together, that I was left in no doubt that this was a very special relationship.  So close were they, in fact, that she told Marti and me that if she and George were not already married to other people at the time they more than likely would have married each other.
One of the things that George brought up in the conversation was a trip he had made after receiving a phone call.  He then got in his car and drove almost nonstop from England to Spain to see our friend and her husband.  He mentioned a car called a Mini, so I assumed he drove in that car to Spain. Our friend knew what he was talking about.  Here's what she said:
"We owned a villa in Portugal and were staying there.  I had not seen George for a while so I called him and left him a message on his answer machine, telling him we were in the villa in Portugal and we missed him and would love to see him soon.  We didn't hear back from him, but a few days later we heard music coming from the garden.  We went outside to investigate and there was George standing in his shorts and tee shirt serenading us with his guitar."
Later, when I asked her about some things to get clarity for my writing, she told me the mini was hers and that it was parked outside their villa.
Another detail that George brought up was when he sang and danced naked.  I was a bit bemused by this statement, but our friend started laughing.
"Oh, I know what he's talking about," she said, and told us that when he was at the villa one evening, as she and her husband were watching TV,  George suddenly jumped out in front of them stark naked dancing and playing his guitar! "George was swinging away; he was a big boy you know!"
"How did your husband react?" I asked.
She responded, "It was very funny!  I looked at my husband and he was laughing so hard there were tears streaming down his face."
We did a total of four sessions with our friend and the last one was some time after the previous ones.   I called her one day just to say hello and she told me she was very depressed and feeling suicidal.  I didn't know what to say to her, so I told her to come over and maybe George would come and talk to her.  Our friend took me up on the offer and came over that evening.  I fetched a bottle of wine and we chatted for a while.  I remember George appeared, said a loving hello to her and held up a small yellow flower.
"Tell her about the buttercup," he said.
A big smile came over our friend's face. "Yes, I remember!  The first time I met George I was with friends and we were sitting on the grass outside someone's house. (Not sure which house might have been George's). We had not spoken to each other yet.  I was looking down at the grass and saw some buttercups, so I picked one, leaned across and gave it to George."
The rest of the evening with George was very sweet.  I told my friend how much I liked being with him and she told me afterwards that George would have liked me and that we would have got on well.
I recall almost nothing, (mainly because I had too much wine), but she told me that it was the best, most loving session of them all.
On another occasion, unrelated to our friend, George made an appearance in the middle of one of our group sessions.  He said a woman's name to me.  When I realized it was George, I then asked the audience if anyone present knew George Harrison.  There were about forty people in the room and one lady spoke up and said she was best friends with George's sister and the name I had just spoken was hers.  I told her that George was reaching out to his sister and to tell her he wanted her to know that.  The lady in the audience then told everyone that his sister attends a lot of events all over the country connected to her brother in an attempt to stay connected to him, as she missed him so much.  One of the portraits drawn that evening by Marti was of a female. I showed it to the audience and stated her name.  The lady who knew George's sister reacted emotionally, stating that the portrait was of her deceased friend who had actually introduced her to his sister.
By the way, our friend who knew George Harrison was a friend to Elvis Presley as well, who also said a quick hello to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment