Monday, May 7, 2012

Little girl

We were out of state some years ago and were doing sessions for a week in a new age store. All arrangements were made for sessions by the store owner, so that we had no idea who our clients would be until they came in for their appointment.

The first session started at 10 AM. We were tucked away in a corner out of sight.  Our first client, a young man, came in and we said our hello's as he sat down. As we began, a little girl appeared to me.  She was very pretty, with beautiful blond hair. I thought she was about three years old.
I asked her how she got there. (Died)

She said, "My daddy ran me over."  I didn't know who she was yet to the young man.

"Who is your daddy?" I asked.

"That's my daddy," she said motioning to the young man.

"Oh wow!" I said to him.  "This is your little girl?"  It upset me quite a bit at that moment. I wondered how I would cope with such a tragedy. She was very happy and just a joy to listen to. She wasn't bothered by how she died. She described the vehicle that ran her over, which he had since sold, and the new one he now owned.  She also spoke of another vehicle and something about motorbikes.

She told her dad that it was not his fault, because she had pulled away from her slightly older sister, who she was holding hands with, and ran out behind him as he was backing out his truck. She told him that he and Mommy needed to stay together because they were going to have her baby brother. He was not saying much, but responded by saying that the police had said to him they probably would not stay together as that was pretty common in these type of circumstances.

It was a very difficult session for me personally; a very emotional one. At one point, she just ran of to my left and disappeared around the corner.

"I don't know where she went," I said to the dad.  I continued for a few minutes speaking to another deceased relative that had been present. Suddenly, back into view came the little girl.  She had her arm wrapped around the neck of a large dog, tugging it into view to show her dad. I described the dog, which he recognized as the family dog who had crossed earlier.

Finally, the session drew to a close. I ended up with a bad headache and the rest of the day seemed last long.  I found out later that he felt anger towards me for some reason that he couldn't explain.  We have had this happen on a few other occasions.  Perhaps the reality of the communication is just too much for them to bear.

The next day we were back in the store continuing doing sessions. The second session was with a young woman and to my surprise the little girl appeared again.

I said to the woman, "You know, yesterday a little girl who had died by being run over spoke to me and now she's here again. She wants to talk to you."

She told us that she arrived at the house with her husband and witnessed the whole tragedy. They were friends with the family and had listened to the recording of the session the father had with us. She produced a long list of the things that the little girl had said that were true, some of which the father had not acknowledged or understood at the time. She told me that the little girl had described their vehicle, which contained quad bikes (which I had thought to be motorbikes).  They were all going out for the day to ride and she had run to greet them. The father did not immediately know he had run her over. The session with her progressed smoothly and she understood everything the little girl told her.

I think it was about six months later when we again visited the same store and I had another encounter with the little girl. The session was with a couple we had never seen before.  All I remember from that meeting was that she climbed onto his lap and started playing with his divers watch, turning the dial.  He became quite emotional and told me that's what she used to do when he would hold her. This couple were also friends of the same family.

At our home, several months later, during a session with a couple where their little boy who had crossed from cancer came in to speak to them, there appeared a little girl with him who had blond hair. Their son then mentioned his sister, which I mistakenly assumed to be the little blond girl I could see.

"Does she have blond hair?" I asked.

"No, his sister has dark hair and she's alive," they said.

I didn't know what to make of the little girl I was seeing.  Obviously it wasn't his sister, so I carried on with whoever was speaking to me.  I could see that they were struggling immensely with the loss of their son.

As the session drew to a close I said to them, "I can't imagine how hard it is for you to deal with the loss of a son, but I would like to tell you about a session for a young man who had accidentally run over his own little girl."

I don't really know why I wanted to tell them this.  Something in me told me that this would help them.

When I told them the location of the tragedy they looked at me and exclaimed, "We know that little girl!  She and our son are cousins!"

Once again, the little girl had paid us a visit. They appeared happy to know that the two children were together.

I think it was the following year that we went back to the same out of state store. Marti and I were there for several days, when one morning, as Marti was fixing some coffee and waiting for the next client, I suddenly saw a familiar figure.  It was the little blond girl I had seen so many times before.  I called out to Marti and told her who I was seeing.

"What are you doing here, sweetie?" I asked the small child.

"Someone is coming to see you," she responded.

"Oh!  Who is that?" I asked.

"My mommy!" she said.

"Really, when?" I asked her. (Marti and I had never met her mother before.)

"Now," she replied.

A few minutes later, the shop door bell chimed and in walked a very pregnant woman. She made her way into the store, and I walked over to her and said, "You're the mother of the little girl that was run over aren't you? She is waiting to talk to you."

I won't discuss the session here, but it went very well.

We saw both the husband and wife together on another occasion.  They told us that she did give birth to a son.  Against all odds, they had become closer than ever and were once again a happy family.  Just knowing that their precious little girl was fine and just a whisper away made a difference that can't be qualified.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Michael, that is really touching! I cant imagine the anguish that that family went through and i am grateful that they had you to help heal their broken hearts! Thanks for doing what you do! Kim Jones

    ReplyDelete