Monday, November 14, 2011

Alan's hand in thing's

I have included this letter because it conveys things that I either cannot remember, or I have never heard, and quite frankly could not write any better.

I have been walking in a numbing fog since the death of my husband, Alan...my life partner of nearly forty years, and spectacular father to our daughter, Samara, for Thirty six of those years.  Just how does one deal with the profoundly deep level of pain and shock that this traumatic event brings, when each day together had been better than the last?  How do you go on when his Yang no longer balances your Yin, your tick no longer hears his tock and every "lub" of your heart desperately seeks his "dub?"  How do you go on when each new day means waking up to the same nightmare?

I have listened (though sometimes not to well) to my Guides on the Other Side for almost as long as I can remember.  I was formally "introduced" to them during a session back east with a medium who channeled several, so it was not that unusual for me to recognize that someone wanted my attention!  Over the years I had gone into the local New Age shop the (Mystic Sisters in Monrovia, California) a few times, but this was different...I was drawn to not only the shop, but to the rack displaying the events they were hosting...three times .  And each time I picked up the same flyer...and only that flyer.  It described what appeared to be a book discussion led by Michael and Marti (we later learned this was the only way it could be advertised in this town).  I could not imagine why I was being led to this flyer, but the third attempt worked and I finally said to those voices in my head, "fine, if I sign up will you stop bugging me?!"  I called my daughter and told her to mark the date on her calender as I'd made reservations for both of us...she agreed, but thought it was a very strange thing to do...neither of us had read the "book" (there isn't one yet!) mentioned and did not have any desire to sit through the discussion!  Nonetheless, the night came and went...not having any idea of what was to unfold.  And what unfolded was nothing short of the most amazing, most perfectly wonderful evening possible...under these circumstances.

Alan, always the loving clown, came through immediately and conveyed such strong, specific evidential messages for over an hour that there could be absolutely no doubt that it was he who was speaking.  For both my daughter and for me, having confirmation of this continuation of being and the unbroken chain of love between this side and the other has allowed us to hold on, to gather strength and to get through our days.  And although the loss of the physical remains terribly difficult to deal with, knowing (not just believing, but knowing)  that we remain connected...that he is still here, makes all the difference.  What a gift.

Two months later Michael and Marti returned to the same shop in Monrovia.  This time we eagerly signed up and brought several friends, one of whom had lost her baby daughter to SIDS.  This evening the first spirit through was our friends daughter, followed by many others who reassured those left behind that life truly does go on when we leave the physical plane, and that they are still connected to us, though a thin Vail blocks our view.  Although I felt Alan's presence in the room that evening, he did not speak directly to Michael...but he did to Marti!!  When Michael held up one of Marti's drawings, he was directed to the area we were sitting.  The portrait was of a man, and separately drawn near the portrait was a closed hand.  Michael continued to explain that there were actually two men talking to him about the picture, one of whom was a pilot in the Second World War whose name began with an "A."  My husbands father, Aaron was a WWII pilot, but the portrait did not look like Aaron.  The other man speaking to Michael, George, was the main subject of  Marti's portrait.  George was my father, who I did not recognize at first without his glasses...but whose hand?  The picture still did not make sense as we initially thought the hand was connected to the face, so Samara asked.  Marti's response was, "No, it is definitely not connected to the person she'd drawn."  Now the picture made perfect sense-the hand belonged to Alan!  At the mortuary, after Alan crossed over, we made plaster casts of his hands...needing to be able to hold them forever.  The picture that Marti drew was one of the plaster casts...down to the small notch in his index finger from a table saw accident many years prior!  Michael said that Alan "stuck his hand into the picture at the last minute" to make sure we knew he was there, even though he left the speaking to others on this evening!

Since then we have had a number of private sessions, where even more deeper levels of connection and understanding have unfolded, and other group sessions...with more drawings and messages of love.  Samara and I have also had many pieces of physical evidence provided to us...gifts that only Alan would know to leave in our paths...gifts that have been confirmed by messages conveyed through Michael and by Marti's remarkable drawings.  Our own bond and ability to communicate directly with the other side grows stronger each day as we learn to listen more carefully and watch for physical evidence.  It is truly an amazing experience when you step into this place where the only thing you can believe is what once was the unbelievable... 

No comments:

Post a Comment