Monday, November 7, 2011

John Wayne Part 1

I have always liked John Wayne; I have watched most of his movies since I was a kid.
So, to have met and conversed with him numerous times since he crossed over, has been a privilege.
Our first encounter was, as usual, completely unexpected.
We had arrived one evening for our group event at a place in Fullerton, California, where we had previously held a number of group events with small audiences.  The groups were usually somewhere about fifteen to twenty people, but that night, as people began arriving I had to keep getting more and more chairs out. I commented to Marti, "This is weird! Something special must be going to happen."  We ended up with thirty-six - a lot for that location back then.
The evening went very well.  It was getting late and I saw a spirit standing next to a man in the front row. I thought it was his father.  I felt a man connect with me and as I looked down at myself I was dressed as a cowboy! I assumed this was the man’s father, standing in me! 
Looking down at the cowboy boots on my feet I said, "Your father wears cowboy boots?" 
"Um, well, sometimes," replied the man.
Feeling a hat on my head, I asked,  "He wears a cowboy hat? 
"No, not really.  He might have on a few occasions," was the reply.
I could feel myself getting a bit frustrated.  I felt guns in a holster around my waist.
"He had colt forty-five's, didn't he?"
"No, he had some guns though."
"Are you sure?"  I asked him.  "These are like gunslinger guns."
"No," he responded.  "He never had guns like that."
I said a couple more things that he didn't seem to understand and my frustration meter was going way up. I knew I was right with what I was getting, but it wasn't making any sense to him.
It was at that point that John Wayne stood behind him, but I was hesitant to say he was standing there.  How could I prove that!  So I said, "Well, your dad likes John Wayne, doesn't he!?"
"Oh, yeah," he said. "He loved John Wayne and had every movie he ever made!"
But things still weren't jelling for me. Marti knew how exasperated I really was and piped in, "Maybe he met him over there." The man liked that idea. 
It was at that point that I decided - what the heck!  So I just told everyone that John Wayne was standing right back of him, not caring whether anyone believed me or not. 
"Well he must have, because John Wayne is standing right there!"  I said motioning to where he stood, not expecting anyone at all to personally know him.
There were two women sitting behind the man that I had been addressing and one began digging the other with her elbow, and poking her until she finally raised her hand and said:  "John Wayne is my uncle!"
You can just imagine the thoughts that went through my mind!
All I can remember of the conversation between John and his neice is one thing.  John mentioned a special picture of himself that they had.  He made me strike a pose holding a rifle.
"It's like this," I said.
"That’s the picture which hangs above the fireplace in the family room," she replied.
I know I said more to her, but I can't recall because it was years ago.
In case you’re wondering why I don't remember much, it's because, sadly, I can't find the video recording we made that evening.
His niece simply left afterword without saying a word to us and we've never seen her since.
As Marti and I were driving home, we discussed the night and a lot of things suddenly fell into place. During the evening, a spirit called "Duke" wanted to be heard and someone claimed him, also there was a Texas Ranger - same thing, someone claimed him.  There was a bomber commander, a squadron leader and everything fit for the different people that were receiving messages.
But, to us upon reflection, even though these other spirits were real, it was almost like they were characters from John Wayne movies!  Kind of like John was making cameo appearances.
There was also this persistent spirit lady called Rose, who I could not place.
The next day I was still abuzz and called a friend of ours, who lived at a spiritualist community.
"You’ll never believe who showed up last night," I said.
"Oh who?" he responded.
"John Wayne"
"Wow!" he exclaimed, then listened while I filled him in on the evenings happenings.  Then he told me that John Wayne used to go see a medium called Rose.
Incredulously, I asked, "Seriously?"
"Yeah, she died a couple of months ago," he said.
Now I knew who Rose was!  Because this was the same Rose who we had met at a spiritualist center and had tested our abilities to see if we were real.  This was the first I’d heard of her death or her connection with John Wayne.  The last time we talked with her she was not in good health, but she told us she would try to help us. I thought that was sweet of her, but didn't see how she could really do much.
Boy, was I wrong! I figured she hooked up with John Wayne and they came together to help orchestrate the evening
A word about Rose:  we didn't know her personally, we met her when we decided to share our abilities with a spiritualist community and they wanted Rose to check us out before we could work there.
When we met Rose, we went in, sat down and did our thing.  She said nothing the whole time.  I described a man who called himself Albert, who didn't say a great deal, but did go on about "hedge".
"Perhaps it's a name or something about hedges," I told her.
"Well, is that it?" she asked, in a very abrupt manner.
"That's all I get from him," I said.
Marti then handed her the portrait she had drawn.  She looked at it, and said, matter of factly, "That's Albert.  He was my next door neighbor. When I was about six years old, Albert trimmed the hedges into a castle for me to play in.  Rose must have been in her seventies, when we met her. When we were done she just picked up the phone, called someone on the other end of the line, and said:  "Better than average.  Put them to work!"
We went there every month for a couple of years for their psychic fair.

Another time I met John Wayne was at our home.  A mother and daughter came to see us.  Half way through their session, a man appeared to me.  I asked him his name?
"I go by Wayne," he replied.
“Do you know a man called Wayne?” I asked them. 
They looked at each other shaking their heads.  "No!" they responded.
"Hum," I thought to myself.  "I know a Wayne."
I squinted, looking harder at the spirit man and asked, "Are you John Wayne?  Is that you?"
"Yeah, it's me," he replied.
"Wow!" I said aloud.  "It's John Wayne.  Do you know him?"
The mother began chuckling with laughter.  "No," she managed to say.
"Then what's so funny?" I asked.
"My son wouldn't come with us today.  He's a big skeptic.  He went on and on about how you were a couple of scam artists doing cold readings.  I didn't listen to him, but as we left our house he exclaimed, "Oh yeah!  Well, if they're the real deal, John Wayne will show up!"
John then proceeded to name her son and talk about him, giving him some friendly advice before saying goodbye and leaving.
I said to Marti, "Wouldn't you like to be a fly on the wall and see her son’s face when she plays the tape to him?!"










No comments:

Post a Comment