Friday, November 18, 2011

Otillie

The following are two letters about a portrait drawn by Marti in a group session.  The first is from Susan, the lady that attended the session and the second is from her step-daughter, Tania.

Dear Marti     
       Attached is a copy of a picture of my ex mother in law who I believe is the person you drew when I was at your session at the Mystic Sisters book store, in Monrovia, California on Nov 7th, 2003.
It comes with an interesting story.
I have a step daughter who was very close to me when she was growing up.  I had not seen her in 14 years.  She is now 34.  My ex-husband and I raised her from the age of 15-18.  I've known her since she was ten.  She is a delightful girl and now a delightful young woman. 
She called me out of the blue two months ago from Florida where she lives.  We enjoyed each other's conversations, as always, but seemed our talks would drift to the subject of the 'other side'. 
Tania, my stepdaughter, always knew that I was very open to such things.  During our wonderful reunion, Tania revealed to me that she was having unhappy times in her life.  She told me that she cried a lot.  I offered her my love and understanding.  I did all a step-mother could do from such a large distance away.  She had no brothers or sisters except my children, who were in California, and had also lost touch with her
       Shortly after one of our most intimate talks on the phone, I went to see you and Michael on November 7th 2003...My brother's birthday.  (He died February 7th, 2000.)  I received a wonderful reading, but at the end of the reading Michael brought a sketch of a woman to me that you had draw during the session.  He said, "The name is Oliver, Ollie?"  I took one look at the picture and knew it was Otillie Hannon, my ex-husband's mother, Tania's grandmother.  She sent no message with Michael; it seems she simply posed for the picture.
       The next morning I called Tania and told her to give your office a few days to post the picture on the website and then to log on to www.spiritart.com so she could see Grandma Otillie for herself.  When she did this, she just wanted to cry.  Later, she sent me the picture attached to send to you so we could claim her.  The interesting thing about the attached picture is that Tania's grandmother is holding her, and in this time in her life, Tania needed to be held by her grandmother.  She needed to find the old picture to understand her message.  A picture is worth a thousand words.  More than any words Grandma Otillie could have ever said during the session.  Tania now believes that Granmom is still holding her even from the other side.
                                                            Thank you Susan


Hi.  My step mom came to see you November 7th and you drew a picture of my Grandmother, Otillie.
I live in Florida, and when I was shown this picture, I went through my photo albums and found the exact match for what you drew.  The picture I found is my Grandmother holding me when I was a baby.
I have been feeling very alone lately and I asked for anyone that was watching over me to let me know that I m not alone.  I guess this is all the proof I need. 
                                                           Thank you Tania

I have video footage of the group session that Susan attended and Susan's reaction to the drawing which I will try to include here at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment