Saturday, November 19, 2011

Then, One Day

My thanks to Dawn and especially Tim for this letter, and for not giving up on Marti's picture.
Hello Michael and Marti,
It's me, Dawn - we spoke on the phone last week on how wonderful our experience was meeting with you both, and I gave an update on finding the person from our sketch
My husband insisted he write the testimonial for you, (remember he was a skeptic - but no more!)  I have attached the photo of 'Melinda' at the bottom.  Melinda is the first lady on the left hand side _ her expression is EXACTLY the same in the sketch!
We really enjoyed our session with you and hope to be able to meet - meet up with you again soon.  You guys are fantastic.
Blessed be,
Dawn :)

TESTIMONIAL
When my wife, Dawn, told me that she had made an appointment with Marti and Michael, I thought it would be therapeutic for her and might provide a few chuckles for me.  I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived at their cozy, serene little home in the South Bay, especially because I was picturing a corny old stereotype of a ramshackle gypsy fortune teller's hut.  Michael pegged me for a skeptic right away and I said that maybe he would change my mind.
Now, there are some people out there that I suppose are pretty good guessers.  But when he asked, "Who's Elizabeth?" at the beginning of the session, my interest was definitely piqued.  My mother-in-law had recently passed away and she always called my wife Dawn Elizabeth.  As the session went on, my skepticism was chipped away little by little.  Michael kept asking relevant questions, even though he knew nothing about our lives.
We established that we were, in fact, being visited by Dawn's mom, as well as her dad and brother, all of whom passed away within a few years of each other.  But there was another visitor that neither of us could place.  She said she had died in a car crash and kept showing Michael, San Francisco.  This really meant nothing to us.  And when we looked at the drawing that Marti had made during the session, that didn't make sense either.  It certainly didn't look like anyone we knew.
I left the session convinced that my assumptions  about the universe had been completely wrong, which was actually a nice surprise.  We told our friends and family about the session and how interesting it was but the only disappointment was that the sketch made no sense.  Dawn sent a copy of it to her sister; Tina and she really didn't know who it was either. 
(Here comes the "then one day...." part.)
Then, one day, Tina was going through some old photos that her mom had left behind.  She found one of her mom Louise, with her aunt Pat and an unidentified third girl.  The resemblance to the girl in the sketch was pretty close!  So, without telling her why, she sent the photo to her cousin in New Hampshire and asked her to show it to her mom, Pat.  (By the way Pat was one of the names that came up during our session.)  Pat identified the unknown girl as Melinda and went on to add that she had tragically died in a car crash a long time ago.  She had been driving from San Francisco to the Mojave Desert to visit her sister, Louise!
So our little session with a medium that I thought was going to be just for laughs, turned out to be a life-changing experience.  I am comforted to know that the loved ones we have lost continue to live on, albeit on an entirely different plane.  And now if anyone asks me if I believe in the after-life I'll be sure to answer, "Absolutely!"

No comments:

Post a Comment