Sunday, November 27, 2011

Charles Peirce

Our friend, Carol sent us the lady that wrote the letter below.  Carol knows to say nothing to us about who we are to do a session with.  When the lady came into the back room where we conducted private sessions at the Mystic Sisters Bookstore and sat down with us, this is what happened:

As soon as we began the session, a very gay man appeared to me and immediately said, "Tom here!"  He continued by saying that he did some sort of acting and dressed up as women.  The love I felt from him as he continued to speak to her was incredible.  She immediately knew who was speaking to her.  It was her dear friend, Charles Pierce.  The name Tom was his nickname, shared only between the two of them.  She told us later the story.  She had once said to Charles, that if his mother had named him Tom, which is a very manly name, he might never become a famous gay female impersonator.  After that, he always referred to himself as Tom with her.

I was very comfortable with his loving energy, so I allowed him to have more freedom than usual to express himself through me to her. It was tremendous fun and I remember him talking about his weight and how much he liked cake.  He laughed, saying,  "It's the cake that killed me, honey! It's the cake that killed me!!"  He was so expressive that we all had to laugh. "Its true," the lady said, "it was the cake that killed him!"  She spoke of the times when she would try and help him get into the dresses which became harder as he gained weight."  Marti, I and the lady laughed throughout the session as he joked around, and made me do all kinds of crazy, zany things.

What a joy it was for me to meet Charles Peirce, and I was slightly sad when the session ended and we parted ways.  The love that I feel when beautiful souls connect cannot be fully expressed.  I include this letter as it holds many lessons and things to ponder upon.

Also included in the letter is reference to the portrait Marti drew in the session. The drawing and matching photo is included herein.

Dear Michael and Marti,

We all have moments in life when we feel a bit silly; I just had a big one.  The short time we spent together that day at the Mystic Sisters was quite remarkable for me.  I would go so far as to say it was life altering in a very good way.  .........  I was going through a bunch of Mom's papers and pictures the other day, when the photo which I have attached to the email literally jumped from the pile I was moving into my lap.  I had never seen it before and right away I made the connection to the sketch Marti did that day in our session.  The sketch has always been a bit frustrating.  I felt a strange and close familiarity, yet I could not make the connection.  The sketch and the photo are Alice Louise E---, my mentor and best friend who died in 2001.  However the photo had to be taken sometime in the 1950's.  I did not meet Louise until we moved to California in 1975 and she really looked much different.  However, it is clearly obvious in the features and in retrospect; I am mystified as to how I could not have known who the sketch was.  Jeepers!
Louise was actually one of those there with us that day.  I don't know if you will remember, four foot eleven, red nails and Michael did her famous jig to perfection, hands on hips twist and shout, one foot in the air - she was playing cards and the only thing she fibs about is being over five feet tall.  What an absolutely remarkable being.  I miss her so very much.  I met her in 1975 when she was 65 and she was a prominent part of my life until she died at 91.  Her death was the first in what was to be a fairly long string of events which have not turned out the way I perceived they should (Ha! there's a funny one) and to which I am still somewhat struggling to accept and assimilate.  I cannot believe that I could not identify the sketch immediately, I am sorry.  I really do not have any more of an explanation.  I have no doubt regarding your authenticity and I have never had any.  For me, the possibility of questions was eliminated in the first few minutes of our meeting.  There is just no other way for you to have access to that information.  No one else ever knew.
However in all honesty, Carol had a bit of difficulty getting me into the room in the first place.  I have had some very bad previous experiences.  It is a very long history, but the compacted version is: I was up on the short leash of a very unscrupulous and rather well known and very expensive psychic in the Los Angeles area.  I was sent to her by my first ever psychologist when I think I was a bit too much for the psychologist to deal with comfortably.  The dreams, visions and voices that had become problematic to me and which I was not able to shut down any longer were best dealt with she said by being open and honest about them, recording them and yadda yadda.  The results were a bit hard to explain and my psychologist suggested that I really needed someone else, a "Spiritual Counselor," she said.
She had checked with her more "forward thinking colleagues" and had come up with someone who she thought would be "just the right match."
She gave me a referral; I went because I didn't really have any idea of anywhere else to take this stuff which I clearly wasn't dealing with very well.  She "tested" me for several hours during our first meeting and from that point on; we spent a great deal of time together for the next six months.  I thought she was my "spiritual teacher" finally being revealed by the Universe and I somehow walked around my concerns and all the red flags by clinging to the belief that anyone who understood what I was talking about and could walk in that world must certainly be of the light.
 
She does not have anything to do with the light!

When I actually realized that she was using me and/or "my gifts" to defraud and harm others, I severed the relationship completely, which is a story all its own.  Anyway, I instituted the safeguard that I would have nothing to do with anyone whom I perceived to have "the gift" or with anyone who claimed to have "any gift" if that gift was ever associated with the exchange of money.  I do not believe that to be always a true indicator, but I had no other plan for how to account for my clear inabilities in discernment when it comes to personnel matters.  It is rather ironic and almost comical, for someone who is  a "sensitive" and otherwise painfully perceptive and intuitive.  Strange at least, if I know someone they become to me the someone they could be and I sometimes miss the "who they are" part.  It can be quite problematic, but the truth is, there is a part of me that refuses to give up.  I was rather wobbly already at that point and I was going through a very nasty end of the relationship that I believed would be the one I was always in.  I had several safe places where I could go to be OK when I had to get away.  Mystic Sisters was one of them.  Without ever saying a word related to my specific situation, they did not even know the specifics, the safe haven created by Carol, Tina and Rick became a mainstay in my survival kit.
Also I have located the video of "Thomas" to me alone, aka Charles Pierce, the one and only so perfectly "impersonated" (Ha that one still makes me giggle like a school girl, but I have no idea what to rightly call what happened).  Expression, translation, inhabitation?

That has to be one of the funniest things I have ever or will ever witness, Michael becoming the perfect impersonation of the perfect female impersonator.  I do not know if you remember details of that event, Michael, because I'm not totally sure which of you was in occupation of your body during those moments?  I swear the vocabulary, gestures and even the intonation of the voice was perfect.  Not to mention, how in the world would you have known that I knew Charles Peirce and/or that I called him Thomas, at his suggestion?  Not to mention the other informational points, which I cannot think of a way would be otherwise explainable.  It is another of those unquestionable confirmation moments, just like the dust mop moment.  Anyway, Marti, I bet you remember.  You simply have to see the videotape.  The Michael moments were the off-screen Thomas, but you can't miss the movements and well, you just have to see it.  ........... Oh, and in looking for your information to send you this letter, I came across Michael's notes. "Rob/Bob?? Is on there and I recall not being able to come up with a connection.  Duh! Of course, it is Bob Bearce, Charles'/Thomas' lifelong friend who died shortly before him, in 2001 I guess.  The years are blurry, but the connection is so clear that again, I cannot believe I missed it.  I think I was on total overwhelm about two minutes into our time.

Gee Michael if you still have it in you, you should give your buddies at the shop a sample of your "Thomas". It was so very entertaining.  ;-D Carol is someone very special to me and whom I trust.  Pretty rare stuff in my case and I don't even really know how it happened, just that it did.  While my judgment has at times been called to question, hers has not and she told me a long time ago that she believed that you two were among the 5% of those who claimed to tread in the other world that are, in fact, the real thing.  You have provided a great deal of comfort and support to her through your work.  I am very grateful to you for what you do.  I know in my heart why you do it and am overwhelmed by the significance it can have on people's lives.  I have witnessed Carole's traverse through despair and something close to obliteration and hopelessness in the darkest of moments; back to a balanced, purpose driven and largely joyful and fulfilling life walk.  I have no doubt that she is able to bring hope or joy or compassion to someone's life each day that she continues to show up, just like she did to mine without even knowing it.  I believe that you are part of the reason that is possible.  In my case, I have been given a safe place from which to be comfortable enough to again begin moving forward.  I am still not exactly sure why I remain here and what it is I am supposed to be doing, but at least I am again walking the path, wide awake should any hints get delivered along the way.  Otherwise, it's pretty much one moment at a time, but I'm still walking and you also deserve credit from that account.

Thank you for having the courage to do what you do.

Love and Light

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment